JAMIYAH Singapore was founded in 1932 by his Eminence, Moulana Abdul Aleem Siddiqui, the Roving Ambasaddor of Peace, from Meerut, India together with other religious leaders in Singapore and Malaya at that time.
JAMIYAH was then known as the All-Malaya Muslim Missionary Society with branches in the various states of Malaysia.
After the separation from Malaysia, we have changed our name to the Muslim Missionary Society Singapore (JAMIYAH) but our ties with our former branches remain cordial. In 1970,Mr Abu Bakar Maidin and his collegues were elected to join the office. We then had $5.60 in the kitty and our membership was a mere 190.Over the years, our membership surged to 35,000 members.
This reflects the community's support and confidence in JAMIYAH. ALhamdulillah, by dint of hard work and with the help from all quarters, we have been able to rebuild the HQ building from a single storey building to a 4 storey modern centre in 1985 and then to our present 7-storey building in 1997.